Monday, May 26, 2014

Hello All!

Hello! My name is Catie Carlson and welcome to my travel blog!

Who?
Before I start my amazing adventure I thought It would be good to tell you a little bit about myself. I am currently an undergraduate at James Madison University studying International Affairs and minoring in Chinese. I'm from Virginia, and I love reading, writing, photography, and movies.

Why?
For as long as I can remember I have loved learning about other countries and cultures and the people who lived there. It has always fascinated me thinking about all the different kinds of people that populate our marvelous world, and all the stories they have to tell. With this fascination in learning about the many different cultures of this world has come a desire to experience all that the world has to offer. Basically, i've always wanted to travel and see the world. Number 1 on my bucket list is to visit each continent (at least). Hence, this blog. I want to document my marvelous adventures for my friends and family and for my self so that when I'm old and grey I can relive my whirlwind adventures and brag to my grandkids about all the amazing things I did...or at least that's the goal.

Where?
Anywhere! Everywhere! Well...eventually...hopefully. The ultimate goal is to go to as many countries as possible, but for the foreseeable future China and Europe are on the horizon for my upcoming travels. And I won't just be posting about places abroad, I may have several posts about trips I go on in the states as well. But really, who knows where else life will sweep me off to?

How?
God's guidance and strength, support from my amazingly wonderful family and friends, luck, and sheer force of will.

To close things out...
Thank you for reading and I hope to update soon about the awesome trips I have cooking up. Until then be safe, be happy, and remember




No comments:

Post a Comment