Thursday, July 3, 2014

Take A Look

Hey guys! Unfortunately I can't put up a full post today. I have a pretty intense test tomorrow that I really need to study for (which I'm procrastinating on at the moment by writing this...but what ever). However, I do have some interesting things to show you that keep popping up in my life at the moment.
So without further ado....

    So those of you who are friends with me on Facebook have already seen this video. I just thought I'd put it up again because it's so accurate to how I feel most of the time here in China. It's also a super fun song. It was shown to me by my teacher Wang 老师 during class one day.

   This is a super adorable video that my classmate Mario is currently obsessed. But, I mean, can you blame him? It's super happy, and adorable, and shows off Beijing spectacularly. Plus it's super catchy. For the past two days we have ended class singing this song. Today, Hayden brought his speakers and he literally carried it out of the classroom and around the dorm still playing this song. It was really funny seeing all the teachers laughing and singing along. Of course, all the students just stared at us.



  Here is a really cute and ridiculous video about the wonder of friendship (cue the rainbows and flower petals). The title 朋友 (pengyou) means friend. We sang this song for class the other day. The educational director (basically the principle), the man everyone is slightly afraid of because he's the one you go to if you get caught breaking the language pledge, even came and sang with us a little bit.


                                    
    Last, but certainly not least, we have this video. This is another our teacher showed us in class to sing. I'm not entirely sure what's going on but it's a super fun song and really catchy so thought I'd show it to you as well.


    Finally, there is an article that I came across the other day that talks about some super important reasons to travel, all of which I completely agree with so I thought I'd share it with you. It is an article on the Huffington Post by Ryan O'Rourke called "6 Lessons Travel Teaches You That College Never Will". Even though I've only been in China for a month I have already learned so many different things that I never would sitting in a classroom. Don't get me wrong, I always have been and always will be an advocate for education and college and all that. However, traveling is a different kind of education that never fails to teach you valuable lessons. Whether it's staying in England for a couple weeks or going to a third world country for a year or two, leaving your comfort zone behind and stepping out your door into this brave world is crucial. With traveling you broaden your horizons in so many ways previously unknown.

   Well, that's it for now. Time to stop procrastinating. I will have a post up within the next couple days about my adventures from last weekend. And, I have some fun things lined up for this weekend that I can't wait to tell you about as well.

Until then, be safe, be happy, and remember 



No comments:

Post a Comment